...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Augustus, Trendsetter

I have really started something ‘round here! I do not refer to my great sense of fashion (though I am noted for it – just check out this dashing grey fur coat I wear!). No; what has happened in this place is more like a revolution [in playing]….
Those of you who are familiar with my recent chronicles will remember well that ubiquitous moment when I had to dunk Grover the Soggy into my water bowl for a rinse after Mummy Dearest very nearly killed the poor fellow. Since that time, everyone has gotten into the dunking game, and every time Mummy goes to refill the water bowl, there are at least 3 mice lounging in there! This morning there was the red one (Rupert), the lime green one (Oofy) and the blue one (Myrtle). Friedrich (the grey one) was working his way over. Grover is a bit sensitive about the whole dunking thing so is holding back….
 Of course, Mummy still hasn’t learned any manners regarding the, er, removal of said mice so is bound to flip them out onto the cold tiles without so much as a “How do you do?” So what? We just wait until she is gone then pick the dripping creatures up and return them to the dish, or “Pool” as we now call it. It is all the rage, with cats lining up at The Pool to see what all the excitement is about. I am thinking of putting up a lemonade stand and charging an entrance fee - I could make a bally fortune, considering how many mice we have ‘round here! I wonder if Mummy will get some little umbrellas for the drinks? I think I will ask…hang on! Wait a minute…Friedrich just tumbled past the door…and is that Myrtle flying through the air? What??? There she goes again! Gotta go…wait!!! Stop, Mummy! Unhand that mouse...!

No comments:

Post a Comment