...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mr. Industrious



This morning I opened all of the cabinets in the kitchen so Mummy can see what's in there. 

I just knew she would be proud of me, not to mention appreciative that I saved her some work. 
Then I went upstairs and opened all the doors in Dad's study, thinking he would like knowing at a glance what books he has and which papers need to be filed and what not. 
I accidentally slipped on a stack of papers he had on the floor but I recovered quickly and sent only a few flying across the room. I'm alright, though, not a bit hurt. 
Some of the papers went over the bannister and landed on the stairs but I'm sure Mummy won't notice.


I scooted downstairs when I heard Mummy call my name from the kitchen - she sounded agitated so I figured she must have lost something, and of course I always want to help. 

But imagine my surprise and consternation when I found that she had closed all the doors that I had worked so hard to open! 

What is this world coming to? 

People just brazenly destroy your hard work and things….I don’t know why I bother sometimes. 


Mummy is headed up the stairs now; I think I will get under the bed and lay low for a while, suddenly I don't feel so good...


1 comment: