...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breaking and Entrying




Tumty-tum-tee….Hmmm??
What’s this? New entries? Half a second….Someone has been in my diary!
I can’t believe it!! I must tell Mummy….

Mummy!

Yes, Augustus, dear?

Someone with very bad grammar has been writing in my diary!

Oh, my! I wonder who it was, Precious?

Lemme see…hey, wait a minute! It was Mosby and Morgan, the little Squirts! They have been mucking about and writing all over everything! Do something!

What shall I do about it, Gussie, darling?

Lemme think.…I know! Shoot them with the Vinegar Water Gun!  That would teach them…

Now, Augustus – is it really as bad as all that? Perhaps they just wanted to meet your friends. After all, your friends are so very nice, and you did tell Mosby and Morgan all about them. What do your friends have to say about the extra entries?

Welll…they…er..um, well, they agree with me – Mosby and Morgan need to be sent to bed without any dinner!

Did they really say that? I can’t imagine any of your friends saying such a harsh thing. Let me read what the little darlings wrote….Hmmm…oh…Ha, ha, ha – isn’t that cute, Augustus? They are such clever little fellows, and just look how they brag about you!

*blink, blink* Well…I s’pose it is kinda cute…”meetloaf”, hee, hee, hee! Hmm...I guess it’s okay. But Mummy…

Yes, Sweets?

Are they going to get a diary of their own?

I don’t know about that – they are still a bit young. Why do you ask?

Because their writing is atroshus! 

That’s “ATROCIOUS”, dear one.

Oh…um, er…that is what I said….isn’t it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment