...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Goin’ Campin’

                                                                     





                                                                      

    We got a tent!
It is a nice tent, too, with two windows and a sun roof (plus, er, an additional window we sort of added impromptu...see photo)! 

All day long we have spent playing in our tent, dashing in and out, bobbing our heads up through the roof to spy what might be going on in the great indoors.

Because we have had so much fun in our alternate abode, Mummy is letting us have a camp out tonight replete with marshmallows, popcorn and hot chocolate. Yum!

To that end, I have written a little jingle to describe our first night under the stars:

It is called Campin’ Out.
(sung to the tune of Jingle Bells – I am getting excited about Christmas, can you tell?)

Campin’ out,
Campin’ out,
In the kitchen overnight.
Everthing was goin’ swell
‘Til Mummy turned out the lights!
Hey!

Come right back!
Turn on the lights!
It’s awfully dark in here!
I think I’ll go
To bed just now
And camp again next year.
Hey!

Mummy! Wait for me!
*scamper, scamper, scamper*

1 comment: