...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, February 4, 2012

All is Forgiven!

Dad’s home! I can’t believe it – I was napping, I mean, moping late yesterday afternoon when I heard that blighted black box make that crazy noise again.  I jerked my head up in response but the memory of what happened to Dad was still fresh so I couldn’t look; I had to turn back over and rest. Well, Mummy sounded very excited but I thought, she’s gloating about it and taunting Dad – how rude! Anyways, next thing I know, there was a noise at the door, and Dad came in loaded with luggage and backpacks and I don’t know what all.  I looked at Mummy still clutching that little box and realized my mistake: Mummy didn’t put Dad in The Box, he just got locked out of the house! I was so relieved; I ran to Dad and jumped into his arms. He cuddled me and told me what a big boy I was, taking care of Mummy while he was out. I gave him a huge, toothy kiss and laid my head on his face. He smelled exciting, like he had been having lots of adventures. I sniffed and sniffed but could not recognize any of it. I had a momentary flicker of annoyance at the thought that Mummy didn’t bother to check outside for him sooner but decided that the important thing is that he is home. Still, I hope she gets him a key so he won’t get stuck outdoors next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment