...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Wreckage of Silence


Honestly! Here I was trying to get a nice nap in, having wandered for weary minutes after my last nap, when suddenly from nowhere (well, from the vicinity of the cat couch Mummy and Dad gave us all last Christmas and which Tippy hogs as if we don't exist), came the most unseemly ruckus! Tippy likes to snuggle in there with her little teddy bear (Mummy says it is cute, I say Tippy needs to grow up – she’s 4 already!), and once she settles in with said Bear, she begins to snore in the most ear-buzzing fashion. Well, just a few minutes ago, when as stated I was attempting to settle in and get some much needed rest (despite the buzzing), Princess must have decided that she just couldn’t stand the noise anymore.
Mummy saw her creeping toward Tippy (who was utterly oblivious) but before she could tell her to stop, Princess took a nip at Tippy’s dangling toe. Tippy came unglued, waking in a frenzy of claws and hisses, scaring me half to death and alarming the antagonist Princess so that she turned and ran. Mr. Bear went flying across the room, landing amidst the dust kittens near the stairs (never to be seen again I s’pose). Mummy shot after Princess with the intention of giving her a nice lecture (which never works, I could have told her), and Tippy stood half in, half out of the little bed, trembling and not at all certain where she was or what even happened. Eventually Mummy came back in the room sans Princess, Tippy settled back down and began snoring almost immediately, and I – well, I went to the bedroom to get some real peace and quiet. I made sure to look back at Mummy and Tippy to let them know that I had been disturbed.  Do you think anyone noticed?
Ha! One day I am going to have my own room, and I will not allow anyone to come in unless they are bearing fish, plan to scratch my ears and positively DO NOT SNORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment