...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dad’s Gone Missing!

And I think I might have found him. It’s like this: Dad left with Mummy for church on Sunday morning but he never came home. Nope.  Mummy shows up without Dad and acts like nothing is wrong. Well, naturally I get suspicious. I mean to say, after all, she poisons me and stuff so it is not unreasonable to presume…. Anyway, for days now no one has seen Dad. Oh, Mummy says she “heard” from him and that he says to tell everyone he loves them and misses them and stuff but I mean, WHERE IS HE? She can’t answer that, just says cryptic things like, “He’s in Albany” or “He flew to Detroit” – does that make any sense? Of course not! Dad isn’t a bird! Still, what I am leading up to is that today I got my first clue as to where Dad might be. I’m not 100% certain because I can’t quite figure it out but… well…I think Mummy put Dad in that tiny black box thing that she keeps on her desk and carries with her when she leaves. I know it seems impossible but it made that funny noise again, and she pushed a few buttons and – I know this sounds crazy – I HEARD DAD’S VOICE! He even said my name!!!!!! I was so excited at first that I ran toward the sound and looked all round but could not find Dad. Then Mummy lowered that box toward me and I heard it again – “Auguuuuustus!” “Guuuuussie!” “I loooooove you!”

Well, I jumped backward and ran as fast as I could to the other side of the room. So that’s it! Mummy has crammed Dad into that tiny box, and I have no idea how I’m supposed to extricate him, and him calling to me for help like that! What am I going to do? I must have a plan of action.
 I must concentrate so I can rescue him, which requires deep thinking.
This is going to take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment