...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Thursday, July 5, 2012

It Wasn’t Me This Time!


Oo-hoo, Tippy got in big trouble today! 
Remember the time when I got a touch carried away while straightening up the litter boxes
Well...
Today Tippy got busted removing new litter from the bucket when Mummy’s back was turned. 
She went in another room just for a minute and heard a dastardly scraping noise. Her immediate assumption, perhaps not unreasonable if a bit rash, was that I was at it again in the freshly cleaned boxes, so naturally MY name was shouted, followed by such a tirade I could barely catch. Snippets of: “prison”,  “gruel for the rest of my natural lives”, and “no more noggin rubs” are the phrases that stood out most. 
I was taken aback in no small measure! 
My eyes widened at the thought of the gruel and unusual punishment I might endure for Tippy’s crime, and all the while Mummy could easily have seen it was Tippy, only for some strange reason, she did not immediately return to the litter box room. So I shot into the room where she was (the brightest idea I have had to date) and stood there so Mummy had to see it wasn’t me – one could still hear the scratch-scritching and the sound of litter flinging across the room.
Seeing me, and convinced (finally) that I was not the culprit, Mummy did her duty and peered ‘round the corner to find Tippy digging in deeply and pulling pawsful of the litter from the bucket, flipping it behind her – she already had a pile of the stuff and was apparently intent on recreating the Rocky Mountains with it. That is, until she saw Mummy staring at her. 
Tippy glanced to the side, litter drizzling from her upturned paw. A tense and silent moment if ever I heard one! Tippy gulped, I am sure of it, then legged it for the bedroom, Mummy hot on her heels. All I can say is that I sure am glad it wasn’t me this time. 
I did NOT like the thought of eating gruel (whatever that is) for the rest of my life.
Some days it pays to just stay in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment