...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Carpet Magic


The strangest thing happened today!
I first noticed the string in the carpet on my morning trek upstairs to Dad’s study. I had every intention of busying myself with opening cabinet doors and what-not when my attention was arrested by the sudden appearance of this, if I may say, delightful-looking strand.  
There it was, looped in a haphazard sort of way - a bizarre, zigzag thread that, once tugged upon, seemed to have no end. I admit to being rather curious to see just where it did end and, entangling my claws with the loop, managed to produce a whopping great length of it when the strange event I earlier alluded to unfolded. Or rather, magically appeared – where the loose thread had once been was now a whacking great hole! And the more I tugged at the string, the greater that blighted hole got.
Suspicious that my morning-bleary eyes were deceiving me, I pawed at the yawning cavern only to find that it was indeed real. To make matters worse, Mummy loomed into view at that moment, causing me to jump out of my skin at her sudden [mysterious as well] appearance.
(How does she always seem to know when things aren’t quite right in my corner of the world?)
 I attempted to point out the magical hole and describe its inexplicable emergence but she was prepared with a ready solution to the mystery – I did it [according to Mummy].

I was shocked and deeply wounded at the accusation.
I s’pose on reflection the circumstance looked bad for me but I mean to say, give a fellow a chance! Honest, one moment there was this thread, the next a gargantuan black hole into which any of us might fall at a given moment. But she would have none of it and ultimately complained that the carpet would now have to be repaired thanks to my imbecilities.

I could have told her that!

About the carpet needing repair, I mean…

1 comment:

  1. uh oh - you did it! I hope Mummy wasn't too mad about that hole...:(

    ReplyDelete