...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Window Wonders


Today something extraordinary happened (not as amazing as Dad's recent cattitude but almost) –
 the windows got cleaned!
There I was, sleeping in my favorite spot in Mummy's office while she worked, when suddenly screens went flying and there were faces in the windows, everywhere I looked - mad people flinging watery spongy things at the glass. I ran as fast as I could to get to my hiding place under the bathtub, shouting along the way for my fellow kitizens to make a break for it or die. No one listened except Nobbie; “Nice knowing you”, I said to the others as I sailed past. So Nobbie and I dove behind the window seat and slid under the tub together. Then we waited...
Sure enough, next thing we know there were these people all over INSIDE the house, whacking at the windows and sloshing water buckets and stuff - we were terrified 'cause we thought they were going to kill Mummy or steal our fish or something.
But our Mummy is too clever for them - she managed eventually to get them out of the house AND she got them to clean up the mess they made with the windows.
So we got a window cleaning out of the ordeal. AND they didn't steal the fish, either - very nice!

2 comments:

  1. At least the windows are clean now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds frightening! At least you all are okay and they didn't take your fish!

    ReplyDelete