...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mummy and Dad are Weird


Every day Mummy and Dad go through this crazy ritual, and I simply cannot understand it. I must first explain that they *ahem* don’t have any fur. Well, Dad has fur on his chest but otherwise, they are bald. Well, except for that patch on top of their heads (go figure). The point is, Mummy and Dad aren’t built exactly like the rest of us cats, and they have really strange habits.

Take bathing, for instance: when we kitties want to bathe, we simply whip out the attached sponge (code word “Tongue”) and, using our built-in no rinse cleaner, are fresh in no time. Mummy and Dad, on the other paw, feel compelled to stand under running water (code word Shower), lather up with all over bubbles (code word Soap, and which I think niff, personally), then stand in the water until the bubbles go away. I mean to say, if you don’t want the bubbles on you, then why put them there to begin with? And further, wouldn’t it be simpler to bathe like a normal person (me, for example) instead of dousing yourself *shiver* with water which only makes you wet and cold?

Not only do they go through this silly ritual, they do it TWICE a day AT LEAST! Dad sometimes comes in the house absolutely covered in ook from playing in the yard (Mummy calls it Yard Work but I think Dad just tells her that so she won’t suspect he enjoys playing with his big, noisy gadgets. Mummy will fall for anything, apparently). Under these conditions, he takes another ‘bath’..er, Shower. So I am intrigued and have begun stationing myself on the counter next to the Shower any time someone goes in, then I fling the curtain back and take a look inside, just to be sure what I am seeing is real. 

One day, perhaps, I will figure it out.

Until then, I plan to continue my vigil until Mummy and Dad reveal what ails them…
or at least until they give me a drink from the faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment