...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Monday, March 26, 2012

For me? You Shouldn't Have!


Mummy brought flowers in from the garden this morning.
 She trimmed them and arranged them neatly in a vase which she then placed on a small table. 
I love to smell flowers and was so grateful that she had thought of me - I just couldn't resist jumping up there to give those flowers a whiff. I shoved my nose deep into the middle of them and sniffed and sniffed. 
Then I let out a huge sneeze and returned to breathe in the fragrance some more. I think I might have fallen asleep there (the fragrance was so heavenly!) except Mummy came in and surprised me. 
I backed out of the bouquet and gave my head a shake, petals falling everywhere. I tried to cover them with my big feet 'cause I had a feeling Mummy wouldn't like seeing the flora dismantled like that, 
though it may have been too late. 
Surely my surmise was correct as I was removed from the table and unceremoniously dumped on the floor.
What I would like to know is, what the devil are those flowers there for if you can't enjoy them?

And what does she think people are going to do - sit and stare at them? Geez.

1 comment:

  1. You are a hoot! I bet Mummy had a big mess to clean up after that. It was nice of her to bring you flowers though.

    ReplyDelete