...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Arachnid Alert!



Aaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhh! 

There was a spider in the house today!! 

I went for breakfast at 5:30 a.m., like clockwork, and he accosted me in the door way to the kitchen, daring me to move a step further. I'm a pretty quiet-natured kind of guy but when I saw this creature, covered in fuzz and sporting so many legs I couldn't count them, staring menacingly at me, I freaked! 
I let out a yowl and sprinted back to the bed, sliding quickly under the covers (with a grace that becomes me well, if I do say so). I demanded from Mummy who let him in here and insisted that she do something about it. 


I don't know if anyone has noticed but Mummy has this ANNOYING habit of laughing at my concerns, as though they are of no consequence. I wish she would correct this. Anyway...


She DID check it out, letting fall some casual remark about "that little thing" (it was HUGE, I swear!), then she swept him up and deftly tossed him out on his ear. Serves him right, barging in uninvited like that. I bet he even grabbed some of my breakfast without asking! 

Subsequent to the arachnid’s intrusion, I have been very careful around the kitchen today, inspecting things closely and steering clear of open passageways just in case some of his friends are still hanging about. 

I am sure to have nightmares about it, and that is no laughing matter.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your Mummy should take you more seriously. I don't like spiders either.

    ReplyDelete