...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bedtime Burgling

We had breakfast in bed this morning - Mummy gave me my own little plate with lots of buttery toast and boiled eggs. Then I sprawled across Mummy's lap, and she gave me a back rub and Nobbie a tummy rub. I fell asleep during this process, and when I woke up, Mummy and Dad were gone. We had the whole bed to ourselves - it was me, Nobbie, Aspen, Princess, Poppet and Nutmeg (Mummy says Nutmeg is a Sweet Pea, which I think is funny – she is rather round). Tippy was nowhere to be seen so I stretched out and slept and slept – that is, until I heard a burglar breaking in the kitchen door! I was still a bit groggy and barely able to move so I wondered what I was going to do if this burglar made it into the bedroom, and me still in my pajamas! I only hoped he would not steal our fish...
Steps in the entryway...creeeaak went the door. My eyes wide with abject, quivering fear, slowly I turned that direction, uncertain what to do next. A head peeked around the corner...
BUT it turned out to be Mummy and Dad back home. Really, they should call first - it gives me such a start to hear keys rattling and doors flying open unannounced. At least I knew the fish were safe because Dad wouldn't let any burglars come in so I went back to sleep.
Everything is okay. For now.
Bahahahahaha.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment