...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Retribution On A Name


I am so embarrassed!
Mummy just posted one of my baby pictures, and as if that wasn’t humiliating enough, she hath revealed to the entire world my baby nickname! (If you have not seen the picture, bless you - I will not mention the sordid nickname here; if you have, then you already know it so there is no point repeating it, if you understand my meaning. I repeat, there is no point repeating it…).
In full retribution for this dastardly act on the part of one Mummy, I am hereby revealing her baby nickname (hee, hee, hee...):
“CHARMIN”
What is that, you ask? I will tell you!
The story is that back in The Day, about the time Dad was alighting from The Ark with his good friend Noah, Mummy was born, and her mother and father [yes, she has parents, too. I ALMOST feel sorry for her…] decided she was “squeezably soft”, an indirect reference to a Television Commercial (whatever that is) in which some bounder named Whiffle, Sniffle, Piffle, whatever, went about the place flailing his arms and shouting “Please don’t squeeze the Charmin!”. So somehow Mummy became associated with this charmin stuff, and it stuck. Of course, no one calls her that anymore but still…

Now you know Mummy’s sordid past.
And all because I was sort of chubby when I was a kitten, with short legs and lots of fluff and stuff. AND I would lay across Mummy’s shoulder with my chubby little legs sticking straight out. AND I was frightfully cute, according to Mummy and Dad (I have never frightened anyone that I am aware of, honest!).
And Mummy had the unmitigated gall to tell the world my secret!

Thankfully I have outgrown all that fluff and cuteness. Pah!

1 comment: