...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Augustus, Midnight Marauder


Boy oh boy, am I clever! Everyone has gone to bed so I slip stealthily into the kitchen to see what there may be to get into – just for the fun of it! I jump up *TADA!* and land right in the middle of the island. I turn round and round trying to decide what to investigate first. 
I poke amongst the large glass canisters, jostling the lids not a little. Clink, clink-OOPS. Sssshhh!  I look ‘round, coast is clear. Breathing a sigh of relief, I head for the opposite end of the counter and nudge the basket holding *sniff, sniff* ONIONS. P-U! I don’t want any of those, thank you very much. But I spy a lonesome object that appears to have slipped between the cracks of Mummy’s cleaning. What is it? Jackpot – a sesame breadstick!! 
This is going to be fun. 
I must dig a bit because my prey has gotten wedged between the ONION basket and the paper towel whatchamacallit..unggh…urrggghh….got it! Out the stick flies…well, part of it but that’s enough for me. I bat and swat at my prize, and it spins across the counter, spewing sesame seeds with every bump on the marble tiles. I race toward it, barely catching it as it bounds toward the dining room side of things.

I snatch it up with a swoop of my fuzzy paw and hurl it into the air, bounding beneath it to catch it again. I’ve got it…nope, it fell onto the floor. Peering over the edge, I view the remains with a touch of remorse, fearing my efforts are in vain. Then I recall that part of that delightful object still remains….Back at the ONION basket (holding my breath), I dig and nudge and pull and scratch until – VICTORY! The remainder of the breadstick is free. 
Giddy with excitement, I swipe it across the counter then turn to catch it midair and come
FACE...TO FACE…WITH……MUMMY….
I am in bed now, being a good little boy. Sighing, I turn over on my side, slipping into a fitful rest. I start, remembering that there is a bit of stick remaining on the floor - Mummy won’t discover it for hours! I might not get caught since it is in the shadows, and I wouldn’t be on the counter… My head pops up, but there is Mummy, watching me. Her eyes are closed but I am sure she can still see. She knows! She is watching my every move. 
**sigh** I guess it can wait ‘til morning….Zzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment