...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Illicit Q-Tips

I got a Q-tip today, and Mummy doesn’t even know! 

Mummy brought home a wonderful nice new package of the beloved whatsits. 

Sitting on the bathroom counter, I observed carefully as she busied herself opening the box. 
I watched with admiration the manner in which she grabbed a whacking great wad of the fuzzy-ended sticks and stuffed them neatly into the jar. 
I also noticed that from the Great Wad dangled a couple of the delightful doodads, then made note that one of them fell softly to the counter top. 

I looked at Mummy. 

She was preoccupied, in her absurdly obsessive way, with trying to make the Q-tips stand on end so they would look neat (like anyone is going to check out our Q-tip jar - really). 

I sidled forward, checking once more for a flicker of movement from the eyes in the side of her head. 

Nothing my direction! 

I snagged that stick and ran! 

My move was so fast Mummy didn’t even know anything happened. And now I have this Q-tip to tool around with between my teeth. 

I think I will go into the living room and see if Dad notices anything different about me….

No comments:

Post a Comment