...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Friday, February 10, 2012

What a Night!

Last night was sooooo cozy! Mummy was relaxing on the sofa alone ‘cause Dad was locked out again; she had a nice, soft blankie on her lap, and there was this very inviting pillow next to her, sooo…I invited myself! Mummy didn’t seem to mind, and I got to snuggle up close to her.  She sipped tea and read to me (something about European History, whatever that is. I hope there’s not a pop quiz later!), while I gently kneaded her tummy (it is important for me to do this ‘cause Mummy’s tummy isn’t very soft). Then the blighter Poppet tried to move in and take over but Mummy told him he had plenty of room on the other side of her, and he biffed off, grumbling (tsk - he gets so jealous. Children~). I finally fell asleep somewhere about the Middle Ages. When I woke up, I found Mummy had carried me to bed, and I was propped up on a down pillow. I thought about getting up for a snack – THOUGHT about it – then laid my head back and slid into dreamland.  What a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment