...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Friday, February 24, 2012

Daytime Horrors

Walking casually along without a care, I came to an abrupt halt as I spied the tiny creature across the room. 

He was peeking out from under the console, menacing to behold - all fangs and claws and wispy tail. 

Though very still, I knew that he was lurking, waiting to pounce on some unsuspecting soul. Uncertain if he was aware of my presence, I decided to double back to avoid the unpleasantness that must assuredly ensue should he spot me, too.

 Returning from whence I came, I began to hear footsteps behind me: pat, pat, pat…I was being followed! Picking up the pace, I focused on getting to the sofa where I was confident this little beast could not go. 
Louder came the steps…pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat… faster I ran, my legs trembling with the weakness of fear. I looked toward the goal but it seemed to grow more distant rather than close. I wasn’t going to make it! 
 Trembling uncontrollably, my ears twitching as every nerve was strained, I glanced over my shoulder while running still faster; he was right behind me! I could see him more clearly and could feel his breath: he was pink with white spots and reeked of catnip. 
Just as I arrived at the sofa and scrambled to make it to the top, he grabbed my leg and began shaking me…”Gussie! Gussie! Are you alright? Wake up Augustus!” 

Blinking my eyes, I looked up to see Mummy standing over me sprawled on the sofa. Breathing a sigh of relief, I looked quickly ‘round to be sure He was gone. 

Thank God Mummy was there to save me! 

Still, I wonder where that blighted mouse got to…

No comments:

Post a Comment