...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Augustus, Cat Burglar


Hee, hee, hee…I stole Mummy’s necklace today, the one Dad gave her for Christmas! She calls it a Diamond  necklace or something like. Anyway, she was taking it off and carelessly laid it out on the dressing table in plain view. Then she walked away - er, well, she turned a bit sideways. Anyhow, it was there, I was there…
the long and short of it is, I nabbed the necklace and made off with it!

Mummy wondered for about half a second what I was so positively animated about, then as I turned to gloat before making my exit, she spotted something sparkly dangling from my teeth. She yelled, I ran! And ran, and ran…. Whoosh – I ALMOST made it to the top of the stairs. Mummy grabbed my leg through the banister and said in no uncertain terms for me to “hand it over.”

I let the treasure go and pleaded not guilty by reason of the fact that it isn’t human nature to overlook something sparkly that has been left unattended, however short a time.
I hoped that might be the end of it but I have a feeling there will be a lecture when Dad gets home.

2 comments:

  1. That was a close one! I guess you'd better leave your Mummy's jewels alone next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave, Gussie! I wouldn't have tried something like that.

    ReplyDelete