...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I’m Bald!!!


Mummy cut all the fur off my back, down to the baby fluff underneath. 
It is not really her fault, I s’pose – I started getting mats on my back a week or so ago, and brushing just wasn’t cutting it (pardon the pun!). So today Mummy said I had to get a haircut - she snipped and snipped until each mat came off, which took a VERY long time. 
Though I couldn’t let Mummy know it, I was really enjoying all the attention and actually relieved because the mats had been pinching and tugging so that it was beginning to hurt. When I realized how much better I was feeling after the first few mats started coming off, I began tugging at some of the others to help Mummy. 
She laughed at me (see what I mean? Every time!) because gigantic fuzz balls kept getting stuck in my teeth. 

[SIDE NOTE: This is why I have to have regular baths;
 it is just too much work for me to bathe myself. Whoosh!] 

 Anyway, I did my best but finally got tired and lay quietly while Mummy worked. 
She removed the last mat and brushed my back to get rid of the fuzz. Then she was sad! 
Mummy thinks I have beautiful fur (naturally!) so she was devastated that this had to be done. I wanted to reassure her that it would grow back (you know – just like my whiskers) but I couldn’t bear to let on that it was okay ‘cause I was getting lots of hug and kisses and stuff. 
I think I had best behave a bit sad for a while or she may suspect that I am enjoying my new ‘do and not feel so bad about it. Oh, and I have a new nickname - Dad started calling me “Buzz”! 
But Mummy doesn’t like it.

1 comment:

  1. You are a riot! I am sorry you lost your fur but as you said, it will grow back. Are you going to post a picture? :)

    ReplyDelete