...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Paper Trail


You know that white stuff? The stuff that comes on rolls which Mummy hangs from that holder on the bathroom wall? She very thoughtfully folds the end into a neat triangle so that it is hanging down and super easy to pull…that is, she used to, until yesterday. Now the white stuff, which Mummy calls Tee-Pee, is located in a basket on a very high shelf 'away from marauding cats' (Mummy's words, not mine). All because a [tiny] bit of TP [allegedly] got strung randomly through the house – just one roll (1), mind you – and it sort of stuck to the edges of the stone tiles. 

Oh, but not before a smattering of it was knocked into the toilet and got lodged in the drain so that Dad had to call The Plumber (I may have accidentally pushed it further in – trying to help, you know). But geez - it was easy to fix; all the plumber had to do was turn the toilet upside down, remove the TP [and possibly a bar of soap still in its box…that someone who shall remain nameless and whose initials are Nutmeg dumped in at an earlier date] and ‘reseat’ the toilet (very nice manners these plumbers have). 

Regardless, Mummy and Dad conferred and determined that it was Cat Mischief (I never heard of him), then said it cost about 500 pounds worth of fish to fix the problem. (I personally do not think our fish ought to be brought into the matter but parents are so indiscriminate sometimes.) At any rate, we are officially banned from access to the Tee-Pee. So there it is. Now we have nothing to look forward to in our daily stint through the house.
Wait a minute…is that a BIGGER roll of white stuff standing on a silver thingy on the kitchen counter?
I say! Gotta go…

1 comment: