...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Monday, March 5, 2012

Breakfast Freebie!


I just got a whole piece of buttery sourdough toast all to myself, and this is how it happened:

Mummy was making the usual breakfast egg, along with some yogurt and fruit. Then she slid a piece of bread into that machine with the sliding buttons and poured a cup of tea while she waited. I sat patiently at her feet, in hopes of some mere morsel (one can see that I am quite starved). 
Finally the toast sprang up, and Mummy smeared deliciously creamy butter all over it – oh, the fragrance, the delightfully sweet aroma of warmed bread and butter!

Well, Mummy must have felt sorry for me, starving as I was; she turned (carelessly tripping over me in the process, I might add) and simply flung the toast at my feet! I was in awe, and not at all in a position to complain about her careless method of delivery. Without further questions, I attacked the crispety-soft treat with relish.

I think Mummy’s mood of generosity lifted quite soon because she did not speak so kindly of that piece of toast landing on the floor, or of cats who “hover mindlessly beneath her toes” while she works, 
whatever that means. 
Never mind all that – I just want more toast from now on!

2 comments: