...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Augustus, Water Lush


I yelled at Dad last night and feel awful about it!
He had been gone for days, and naturally my forgetful Mummy failed to provide my daily sink drinks so I was famished for water. I mean to say, there is The Pool water but it is not the same. 
I must supplement with fresh faucet water or I will wilt!

So I followed Dad everywhere when he got home, sure that he would take the hint about my immediate needs but instead he took his time hugging Mummy, putting away his jacket and shoes, then had the audacity to eat dinner right in front of me! It seems just once he would put the needs of others above himself but no – just because it had been a few measly hours since he had his breakfast, he thought he deserved to eat dinner!

I overlooked that, thinking I would have to wait until shower time – he would surely remember by then. Following him again, I hopped onto the bathroom counter and pawed at his shirt. He undressed, started the shower then proceeded to step in without even offering to turn on the faucet. Then he got in the shower and splashed about in the water, rubbing salt into the old wound, as it were.
This was too much! 
After mustering all the patience in me to no avail, I had had enough of Dad’s lackadaisical attitude toward giving cats drinks. As soon as he stepped in in all his drenched condition, I let out a wail at such a crescendo as to make Pavarotti proud!
My frustration must have been extremely pent up because Mummy says I went on about it forever. 
At the time, it seemed necessary. Dad did after all, to his credit, dish up the old faucet drink, AND he rubbed my noggin.

But now I feel as though I behaved badly, and Dad had to leave this morning on another trip! I am sad and hope he will forgive my impatience. When he gets back, I am going to be sweet and quiet and wait politely for my drink. I will also give him a big fuzzy hug and kiss!

Of course, Mummy could learn to give me a drink in his stead then Dad would not have to be remanded for his laxness. 
I merely mention it…

1 comment:

  1. I am on your side - your dad should have dropped everything to give you a drink. heh heh..

    ReplyDelete