...Er, um, Hello!

My name is Augustus. I have parents. Sometimes life can be difficult. I possess the great skill of being able to charm the socks off of anyone who chances to spot me, a rare occurrence indeed. [The spotting, that is; not the charming!]
However, for you, Dear Reader, I am prepared to divulge my deepest thoughts and perspective of the world, mostly because if I don't tell somebody what is going on around here, I am going to pop!
But be warned, proceed with caution: Living with Mummy and Dad can be rather harrowing at times...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mummy, Kleptomaniac


My toys keep disappearing! 
Every time I go to look for a ball or a mouse, they are nowhere to be seen. Strings, Q-Tips, silvery twist ties, bottle caps, you name it – ALL GONE. I decided to get to the bottom of this after recently hearing the suspiciously familiar sound of jingling as if someone was playing with a ball. Following the noise, I entered the sitting room to find Mummy [you will hardly believe this] kneeling on the floor  in front of the Sofa.
And what do you think she was doing? 
PULLING OUT OUR TOYS!!

So that’s it! Mummy has been stealing toys and hiding them under the sofa, presumably so she can play with them when we are not looking. Before long, others of the feline persuasion were gathered ‘round to see the action unfold: Mummy kept digging and removing a mountain of dust-kitten covered bouncy ball, jingle balls, mouses, strings, ribbons, twist ties, and my beloved Q-Tips! 
Unbelievable. 
Who would have guessed that Mummy’s brain had become unhinged so that she would start snatching innocent toys from mere babies, as it were?

It appears to be a delicate position we are in, too, because she oddly accused US of putting them there. I mean to say, why would we put our own toys under the sofa? I began listlessly batting a ball around then gave it a swat that sent it shimmying across the room to bounce idly off the wall. It spun ‘round a bit then settled in a dip in the stone tile. Cats dove in and began batting things around, too. Suddenly, balls and meeces were flying! And we kitties began chasing and batting, scurrying and doing somersaults in an effort to keep up with the missiles. We made a huge circle through the dining room, the hall, and back into the sitting room, whacking and scuttling until the balls began running back…under…the sofa…

Hmmmm...How IS she doing that?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need to keep an eye on Mummy! :)

    ReplyDelete